31 October 2006

Salon du Chocolat

Yesterday I went to the Salon du Chocolat, which is to say, a HUGE CHOCOLATE CONVENTION! Yes, it is for real! There were literally hundreds of stands and stores represented from all over Paris, and there was all manner of free chocolate, and you paid to get in, but then you could browse all the chocolateness!

There were clothes made out of or or sprayed/smeared with chocolate, there were massages given with chocolate, hair waxing stuff made from some sort of chocolate, hot chocolate, chocolate fountains, mousse au chocolat, ice cream, a room decorated with chocolate pastries (HUGE ONES! Probably not real), lots of pastries, macarons (which are really, really good. They're not nuts - that's what I thought when I heard. MacaROANs, not macarOOOns.)

And I bought some stuff. For some of you. Or not. Maybe I'll keep it. I admit, though, that I came out feeling a little bit doozy. Perhaps I ate some chocolates with alcohol? They weren't labelled - just proffered. I took. I don't think I was really drunk, though. :) And I felt a tad sick. I think I'll stay from chocolate for a little bit after all that!

No comments: